Our Singapore Fund
Our Singapore Fund for Marriage and Parenthood aims to support initiatives that promote marriage and parenthood in Singapore.
Have an idea on how to make marriage or parenthood more achievable, enjoyed and celebrated? Our Singapore Fund for Marriage and Parenthood provides funding of up to 80% of supported costs for your idea, subject to a maximum of $20,000 per project.
Our Singapore Fund for Marriage and Parenthood is co-administered by the Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth (MCCY) and the National Population and Talent Division (NPTD).
Who can apply?
- Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents above 18, residing in Singapore
- Singapore-registered organisations
Projects supported by the Our Singapore Fund for Marriage and Parenthood must meet one or more of the following objectives:
- Strengthen attitudes and mindsets towards M&P as a life priority;
- Address the obstacles to earlier marriages and childbirth;
- Improve understanding and awareness of M&P issues;
- Build a pro-M&P environment in the community and workplace.
When to apply?
Our Singapore Fund for Marriage and Parenthood is open for application throughout the year and you must submit your application at least 8 weeks before the start date. Please note that approval for some projects may require more time, particularly if more details need to be addressed. We would therefore encourage you to submit your applications early.
Approved projects must be completed within 12 months from the date of acceptance of the Form of Agreement.
How to apply?
You can submit your application via the OurSG Grants portal at https://oursggrants.gov.sg.
Note to applicants: The application process follows the same procedure as applying to the main Our Singapore Fund. It should take about 30 minutes if you have the necessary information on hand. Please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Go to https://oursggrants.gov.sg
Step 2: Login with SingPass if you are applying as an individual, or CorpPass if you are applying on behalf of your organisation. For CorpPass applicants, you need a CorpPass administer or user account to access government digital services, including the OurSG Grants portal. Find our more about CorpPass roles at https://www.corppass.gov.sg/corppass/common/userguides. Do set up the “Preparer”, “Submitter” and “Acceptor” roles prior to submitting your application.
Step 3: Download and complete the OSF Project Form and OSF Budget Form from the instructions page, which you will need to submit as part of your application
Step 4: Click “Proceed” and complete the application
- Under the "Project Category" field, select "Marriage and Parenthood" as the category
- Under the “Objectives” section, please elaborate on how your project helps to promote marriage and parenthood in Singapore
For enquiries, please write to SG_Feedback@pmo.gov.sg
1. When will I know the result of my application?
You can check the application status via the OurSG Grants portal at https://oursggrants.gov.sg. An email notification will also be sent to you when the application result is finalised.
2. Does the Our Singapore Fund for Marriage and Parenthood provide sponsorship?
Our Singapore Fund is not a sponsorship but a grant given on a co-funding basis.
3. How much funding can I expect if my project is supported?
Successful applicants can receive up to 80% of supported project expenditure, capped at $20,000 per year, whichever is lower. Specific funding levels would vary based on the merits of each project.
Projects must pass either of the following criteria in order to qualify for the maximum cap:
- Proposes a new method beyond what is offered by initiatives that exists in the landscape (e.g. a more effective or efficient method of delivery, differentiation in content)
- Engages new segments of the population who are not likely to be engaged by existing initiatives
4. What expenses can be supported under the Our Singapore Fund for Marriage and Parenthood?
Our Singapore Fund for Marriage and Parenthood can support the following expenses:
- Venue Costs
- Marketing and Publicity Costs
- Production, material and logistics costs
- Licensing and legal fees
- Professional service fees
- Insurance costs
- Volunteer meal and transport costs
Our Singapore Fund for Marriage and Parenthood generally does not support expenditures beyond the above mentioned categories. In particular, the Fund will not support:
- Start-up, operating and capital costs, such as manpower and the purchase of assets
- Cash prizes and vouchers
- Overseas travel and local accommodation costs
5. Can I generate profit for my project?
Our Singapore Fund for Marriage and Parenthood allows projects to receive funding from other sources but the project should not be profit generating. The Form of Agreement requires that the funding recipient notify us of the amount and the terms and conditions of such other funding, with the supporting documents. We reserve the right to reduce the Approved Amount by the amount the Recipient receives.
6. Can my project receive other sources of funding in addition to Our Singapore Fund?
Our Singapore Fund for Marriage and Parenthood does not prohibit supported projects from seeking other sources of funding. However, applicants must submit a declaration on the other fund and/or grant(s) applied for or received in the application form. For transparency and property accountability, projects involving online fundraising elements must adhere to the Code of Practice for Charitable Online Fund-Raising Appeals. Platforms that subscribe to the Code of Practice are: Giving.sg; Give.Asia; Simply Giving; Ray of Hope Initiative Limited.
7. How will the funds be disbursed?
The funds will be disbursed in two tranches, i.e., 40% of approved funding will be disbursed upon acceptance of the Form of Agreement and the remaining 60% of approved funding will be disbursed after the project is completed.
You will have to submit an e-invoice via Vendors@Gov for funding disbursements. Your claim for the final reimbursement must be submitted within three (3) months from the project completion date. Unfortunately, we will not be able to reimburse claims that are submitted later.
8. What are the documents that I need to submit to receive my final reimbursement?
You will need to submit a softcopy of the following documents via the OurSG Grants portal:
(i) Claim form;
(ii) Supporting receipts;
(iii) Project Completion Report;
(iv) Events photographs; and
(v) Any other supporting document.
Upon verification of the documents, we will inform you of the approved reimbursement amount and you will need to submit an e-invoice via Vendors@Gov.
9. Can I apply for Our Singapore Fund for Marriage and Parenthood or other tracks of Our Singapore Fund more than once?
You may only submit one project proposal at a time, as resources and the ability to undertake multiple projects are important considerations to ensure the successful completion of the project. If you wish to apply for a new project to be supported by Our Singapore Fund for Marriage and Parenthood or other tracks of Our Singapore Fund, you should complete the approved project successfully before submitting the application for a new project.